Day Three: “If you don’t take care of your body, where are you going to live?”

Jason and I have gone to College Station the last three weekends in a row, so today was the first time in a very long time that I got to sleep late. . . and I took advantage of it! I didn’t get up until almost nine, and then lingered over coffee. It’s nice when Claudia’s home because all four of us tend to hang out in the kitchen and catch up. I didn’t make my breakfast smoothie until 11! This morning it was a Blueberry Sweet Potato Smoothie–baked sweet potato, blueberries, baby spinach almond butter, protein powder, and skim milk. I have to admit, I didn’t like it at all when I first tasted it. The brownish-grey color didn’t help either. I added a truvia and a dash of vanilla, and voila! it was fine (not good, but fine.) Jason thought the same about his, so we won’t be repeating this recipe!

Day Three Smoothie
Not my favorite smoothie.

The girls ditched us early in the afternoon to go shopping. I wanted to walk to the nail salon, but Jason talked me out of it. He was right. Putting on tennis shoes to walk back home would ruin my pedicure, and wearing flip flops would kill my feet. So we drove.

Day Three Fam
My favorite girls.

We tried Legend Nails for the first time. It is in the new H.E.B. shopping center. The lovely lady who did my nails was Elaine, and she was fabulous! I got the deluxe pedicure, and she took so much time massaging my legs that I almost fell asleep I was so relaxed. After she finished my manicure, she even massaged my neck and shoulders before I left. This may be my new favorite place!

Day Three Lengend Nails
My new favorite nail salon.

Lunch was steamed green beans, some barley cooked with mushrooms and kale, and some roasted turkey breast. Although it takes a little time to prepare lunch now, it is well worth it! I feel better about myself eating good food. A week ago, I would have picked up fast food for lunch, eaten too much, and felt overfull afterward. This feels right.

I ran errands after lunch (I had such a late start to my day, lunch was actually at around 3:00 pm!) I went to Target, Walgreens, and H.E.B. By the time I was done, it was around 5:30, and I felt very hungry. When I got home I ate two boiled eggs for a snack.

I don’t think Jason ate much of anything other than the smoothie I fixed him for breakfast and some boiled eggs for a snack, so around 7:30, he was starving. I was cleaning house, so he grabbed the recipe and fixed dinner. He marinated the chicken with orange juice and red pepper flakes and started the grill. By the time the chicken was cooked, and he had finished preparing a plum and walnut relish to go with it, it was almost 9 pm. I actually wasn’t very hungry, so I had plenty left to put away for tomorrow’s lunch. The citrus marinade for the chicken was good, but I think it would have been better if we had left it to soak a little longer. The relish was wonderful, and I will make it again. I look forward to having some for lunch tomorrow.

Even though we didn’t walk to the nail salon and back, I stayed busy all day running errands and cleaning house, so I still managed to log my 10,000 steps on my fit bit.

Tomorrow is mother’s day. Part of my plan was to rest and rejuvenate on Sundays. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Day Three Dinner

A light, but satisfying, dinner.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s