You know I always love a challenge. . . especially if I think the challenge might help me resolve something that I don’t like about my life. I am hardly a minimalist; in fact, some might call me a hoarder (I prefer the term “collector”). But during my COVID quarantine, I have noticed that I have a ridiculous amount of clothes that I never wear. I’m not really sure what to do with them, but I am sure that I want them out of my closet, out of my house, out of my life. So. . . while scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed, I came across the Wool& #wooland #100DayDressChallenge, and I thought, “why not?”
Read more about the challenge here. Let me know if you decide to participate. We can share stories.
So, I have already “cheated” a little, but not really. My dress arrived last week and I lived with it a day or two before I fully committed to doing the challenge. I purchased the Rowena in jewel green. I wore it around the house one day just to test its comfort. Then I wore it the next day to run a few errands. . . and again the next day to run a few more errands. I wore it a third day for a road trip, and then I decided that I could commit to doing this for a while. Yesterday, marked my official challenge DAY ONE.
Join me on this 100 day journey, and let’s see if I can pull it off. I’ll be talking about it here, as well as posting on Facebook and Instagram. Now, to the “WHY”:
I hope to accomplish several things with this challenge.
- Reduce “decision fatigue” in trying to figure out what I want to wear every day.
- Increase space in my closet/bedroom, and reduce clothing clutter in my home.
- Learn to accept myself for the way I look each day by silencing that inner critic that frequently stops me from posting photos of myself on social media, and even stops me from taking selfies or being in photos to begin with. This challenge forces me to take a photo of myself in the dress every single day for 100 days.
- Stop overspending on clothing that I never wear.
- Get in the habit of dressing in something other than a t-shirt with shorts, jeans, or leggings.
- Exercise a little more creativity in my life.
So, here goes! I’m jumping into the challenge. I think it’s going to be fun! Here are the photos from my first two days: